Make the best ever REAL pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin puree in this super easy, light in sugar Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe, based on a few simple ingredients.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, stick
- 4–5 tablespoons ice water
- ½ cup plant-based half and half or creamer, unsweetened, plain (i.e., Forager, Silk, Califia Farms)
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 cups Fresh Pumpkin Puree (learn how to make pumpkin puree here; or use canned pumpkin puree)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice blend*
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Plant-based whipped cream (i.e., Reddi-Wip, So Delicious, 365 Plant-Based Whipped Topping)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Mint leaves
- To make Pastry Crust: In a medium bowl, mix together all purpose and whole wheat flour.
- Cut in vegan butter with a fork until makes crumbly texture.
- Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix (may use clean hands) until it creates a firm dough that holds together, but is not sticky. Do not overwork dough, as it will get tough.
- Turn out pastry dough on a floured surface and roll out with a pastry roller to create a circle about 12-inches in diameter. Place in a 9-inch pie pan, and crinkle edges by hand or with a fork. Pierce crust with a fork. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To prepare Pumpkin Filling: Add plant-based half and half (or creamer), agave syrup, and vanilla extract to a medium pot.
- Mix in cornstarch with a whisk until it is combined well with no lumps.
- Add sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice blend, and vegan butter, and heat over medium, cooking for about 5 minutes, until mixture is thickened and bubbling.
- Remove pumpkin filling from heat. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Garnish as desired with plant-based whipped cream, spice, cranberries and mint leaves.
- Slice into 8 servings.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 68 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3 g
Keywords: pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie, homemade pumpkin pie