3 Wholesome and Healthy Dinner Ideas
There are so many tasty primarily raw, plant-based meals to make while following the Hallelujah Diet. Give some of our favorite wholesome and healthy dinners a shot!
1. Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Make this delicious recipe found in the “Everyday Wholesome Soup” book by Kim Wilson as a starter or the main dish for your next meal.
- 2 tablespoons oil of your choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 large head cauliflower or 1 small head
- 4-5 carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or less
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
First, chop the cauliflower and carrots and set aside. Place the onion, garlic and oil in pan to saute. Add all ingredients – excluding the parsley – to the pan to simmer until vegetables are tender, which should take about 30 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor and blend until soup reaches the perfect consistency, then stir in the parsley.
2. Sesame Kelp Noodles
With no cooking involved, this vibrant recipe is simple to make and tremendous for your health.
For the noodle mixture:
- 1 package kelp noodles, rinsed well with cold water
- 2 cups Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, julienned or grated
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar OR lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste, or use a fresh chili pepper of your choice
- Sea salt to taste
For the garnish:
- Chopped green onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Toasted sesame seeds
To make your sauce, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
Place kelp noodles and veggies in a large bowl, then pour in homemade sauce, tossing to coat. Add seasonings to taste, and then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, cilantro and green onion.
3. Deluxe Veggie Wrap
This simple and satisfying recipe is bound to become a family favorite.
- 1 whole-wheat wrap per person
- Non-casein, non-soy vegan cheese
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced cucumbers
- Grated carrot
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Raw corn cut off the cob
- Homemade dressing of your choice
Start by laying the wraps out and spreading each with a layer of homemade salad dressing. Place cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers on one side, then sprinkle with carrots, alfalfa sprouts and corn.
Roll each wrap tightly, slice them down the center and enjoy!
The post 3 Wholesome and Healthy Dinner Ideas appeared first on Plant-Based Diet – Recipes & Weight Loss Supplements | Hallelujah Diet.